Pages

17 October, 2011

17.10.11

Well, this day has been circled in red and covered in exclamation points for months now. Why? Because it's the day our babies were due to arrive. They had other plans. Of course they did, babies always do, and why should dealing with two be any exception?

Today they're 19 days (or, 1 day, adjusted), and last night I weighed them (albeit clothed and diapered) and both have just passed the 6 pound mark.

Where is time going?
__________________________________________________________

I'm Katharina. I am a really smart baby, and have figured out that when I cry a certain way, Mommy comes running to pick me up. Then I get to fall asleep in her arms instead of in my crib like she wants. But she can't help it, I'm so darn cute.
I like to eat, but really hate this whole parent-directed feeding thing my parents are so into. I want to be a demand-feeder, but Mommy and Daddy say they simply won't have it. So, I have to do things their way.
excuse the coloring...this is the product of a
3am feeding photo shoot.
I'm Sebastian, and I am thriving on the routine my parents have laid out for me. I love waking right on time, taking a full feeding, and having my awake time. I like to look around in my crib for just a few minutes then snuggle into my blanket and fall fast asleep. 
But please don't be deceived. I love screaming during diaper changes, and when Mommy has to put me down to pick up my sister so she can feed us together, all of St. Andrews can hear how unhappy I am. I especially like to pee all over Mom and Dad's sheets when they change me at 3am. This morning I missed and went on my face though. I'll have to work on my aim.

We like to sleep super close to each other in the same crib (cot), and can sleep through really loud crying. Mom and Dad say they're excited to give us our own bedroom, but we don't know why because we like being with them for everything

Mommy and Daddy tell us we smile more than any newborns they've seen. They say that makes them really happy.


When we were first born we were always wrapped in the right colors-- boys in blue, girls in pink. Well now we've noticed they just grab whichever blanket is closest and that's what we get.
We don't care that much, but we hope people don't get us mixed up. We also hope they never put us in each others' clothes. That would make us really mad.


Well, that's all for now. We're sure we'll be back with more stories soon.


Love, 
Sebastian & Katharina

5 comments:

  1. Never stop posting. :D

    I love them to the moon and back already. :)

    Love you both too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo!! Auntie Ashlee loves them to pieces. I love their personalities. :)

    (And you're dating things like a European now with the day first, then the month. :) Good job! :-P)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I miss them and love them and can't stop thinking of them. Love you and Peter, too!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww they are just too precious! God bless them. I love how they are gettin their unique personalities already.

    ReplyDelete