Pages

16 April, 2012

Surprised by joy.

I'm tear-filled overwhelmed as I write this. My inbox is overflowing. I can't keep up with the notifications.  Family and friends, here and back home. The response to our news has utterly blown us away. And that is an under-statement. Stirred, moved, dumbfounded. We are overcome with happiness, surprised by joy. Overwhelmed.

We are so very blessed above and beyond what we could ever deserve.

Surprised, overwhelmed.

I can't leave it. Blessed.

I realize I use that word to describe our life-full quite often. It just seems so right.

Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord,
the fruit of the womb a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior
are the children of one's youth.
Blessed is the man
who fills his quiver with them!
He shall not be put to shame
when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.
-Psalm 127:3-5


Despite circumstances, the above truth remains, and that is a sobering reality.

To all you wise-ones, the perspective-keepers -- thank you a million times over, from all of us. All 5 of us.

1 comment: