Pages

19 October, 2010

In Detroit.

The weather's beautiful up here, and part of me wouldn't mind living up here. But, my heart's way back in Cleveland, and home is where the heart is.

My family's new house is beautiful (perhaps I'll post pictures) and things are coming together quickly.

I'm going on my third night up here I am really missing my husband! Fortunately there is a lot to do during the day, and so many people that there's never a shortage of conversations, but I haven't slept alone (and little girlies don't count) for this many nights in almost a year.

Saturday was spent unpacking boxes and settling stuff in. Sunday Nick, Nate, Aliza, Anna and I went to church at Woodside Bible Church. I wasn't at all impressed with the pastor, the sermon, or the worship service in general (not to mention I was the only one with little ones sitting with me), but the boys really hit it off with some kids they met in their Sunday school class, and I was glad for that. One of the greeters was proudly telling me how she took them up to their classroom and was prepared to introduce them to the teacher and other kids in the class but there clearly was no need for that.

I forgot to warn her they're not typical home schoolers.


Sunday afternoon Nick and I took Aliza and Anna to the Yates' Cider Mill. It's basically a beautiful chunk of property with a river running through it-- the river that runs the mill. They sell about 10 different varieties of apple cider, fresh-made fudge, caramel apples, apple butter, praline almonds and pecans, doughnuts...

Apparently it's a hot attraction through Fall-Christmastime and then in the summer they have ice cream and  other summer foods.

Yesterday there was pony rides, a petting zoo and a reptile man, too.















Aliza and Anna have made friends with the little girl across the street, Louisa. She's 9 and plays equally with both of them, so she's a hit.

We have plans to go apple picking and thrifting. I want to teach my mom to upload pictures to Facebook and the family blog. We're going to buy shelf organizers to get the basement straightened up and list the dining room furniture on Craigslist...

That's it for now. My Love comes up late Friday night and I cannot wait!

-A.H.

1 comment:

  1. So glad the trip is going well! Keep taking and posting pictures.

    ReplyDelete