Pages

08 October, 2010

A post that needs a title.

I've gone green smoothie crazy and I'm in love with the energy they give us! (And we're most definitely not starving either).

Good news-- I found the exact same spinach I was getting at Whole Foods for $2 cheaper at Costco! Yeah. I've since omitted the frozen berries and they taste just fine with bananas and apples alone, though a little... warm because of the fresh veggies. Last week we picked up a head of celery that I used and the week before that we tossed in a few cups of kale... wouldn't recommend the cabbage. I just couldn't bring myself to swallow it, and when even Peter nearly gagged at the lumpy texture and bitter taste, I knew it was bad.

I've been trying to have 2-4 smoothies a day and am really focusing on having the drink itself for meals and then, if I am still a bit hungry, I'll have a small bit of whatever I make Joyce. My focus isn't weight loss, but I have lost 11 pounds eating all these vegetables and fruits!

So here's what I'm doing:

2-3 C organic baby spinach
2 bananas (I like to buy them in bulk and freeze them, that way there's some icy stuff in the drink)
1 apple
4T unfiltered flax seed oil
6-8 ice cubes (if you want it more chilled)

Also, this makes 2 drinks. Your body can't absorb more than 1-2T flax oil, so there's no sense wasting it. If you're making for 1, cut back the flax seed, but take the blender-full of greens, if you can!

I've heard some controversial things on eating fruits and vegetables together because fruit digests faster than veggies, but I haven't heard enough to convince me to change this. At least not yet.

_______________________________________________________________________________


This little munchkin is on vacation for nearly all of October. Man, do I miss her!



_______________________________________________________________________________________

I caught a cold Saturday night (wedding pictures in the rain!) but thankfully kicked it pretty quickly with some potent echinacea. That stuff is seriously amazing. I'd never tried it before (something else I've learned from my husband).

We're teaching 1st and 2nd grade Sunday School at church and love it. We have such an animated group of children that impress me with how much they know! Teaching 4th and 5th grade VBS really got us into it, so when we were asked if we were interested in teaching Sunday School, we were thrilled.

Oh, my man's taking me on a date tonight and I don't know where... :)



-A.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment