Pages

23 February, 2012

DIY Shampoo

We like to at least give a whirl anything we can create at home. And even more, we like to know what we're eating, drinking and well, putting on our skin and in our hair.


Having a small, very over-priced (what isn't in St. Andrews?) health food store in town is not friendly on the pocketbooks of poor (but not starving!) students, so we're left to be somewhat creative.

(We're not allowed to have a McDonald's here, but I wonder how they'd feel about a Whole Foods?)


Next week I'm trying my hand at homemade shampoo.

This recipe may be a total flop for us, but it looks simple enough that I might even be able to whip it together with a baby on my hip (and maybe another one on my back?). I'll let you know about that. . .

We'll be back to share how we end up liking it, and if you know of a different, possibly better recipe, do share!

2 comments:

  1. www.crunchybetty.com is a golden resource for all things natural! Shampoo, soap, face wash...its great

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use crunchy betty's recipe as well! Though you do have to make homemade coconut milk, I love it!

    ReplyDelete