Pages

02 May, 2012

Quick update.

Sorry for the lack of posts. Or, maybe I'm not. I'm absorbed in this wife and mama thing, and I often find I don't know what to blog once I sit down to write. Maybe my thoughts are scattered. I bet they are. 

I confess I may find my husband's latest theology essay, Katharina sliding beads on the abacus, and Sebastian pulling the guitar down on himself more interesting. Or the seals at the aquarium or torch-lit processions down the pier. Even the open coffins at the cemetery or picking daffodils in the field.

But I will try to do better. I will.



There's really not a whole lot new here anyhow. We're wrapping things up, starting to pack up the house. We leave for the States in 20 days. Housing for the Fall is sorted (we have a loft for visitors, if anyone's looking to get away...ahem). Baby passports and Social Security cards arrived. Next week marks the beginning of a 10-day revising period for Peter, then exams, packing, and plane boarding (Sebastian promises to behave, while there's really no question about Katharina). 


We [hesitantly] introduded veggie puffs last
week. They were a hit. A messy hit.
I'm usually very skeptical about "new" things. By "new" I mean, ideas that have been introduced a matter of years ago. Vaccines, co-sleeping, and baby-wearing all fall under this category. Baby-led weaning is also there.


But we decided to give it a whirl. We introduced a combination of BLW and spoon-feeding, and it really has been quite fun. No choking catastrophes, but lots of avocado slices on the floor (and up noses and in hair).

I have nothing against messes, fun and learning all happening together, but I am not the BLW-er that will hand her child half a banana in a coffee shop. No sir-ee. I know the way my children (is it all children?) eat, and that would be disastrous to the walls, floor and ceiling, and who knows who and what else. We practice hand-eye coordination where there's a bathtub nearby.

He has two teeth now. He had to get two in one day,
 just so we knew he could. Other than 2 restless days,
 we hardly knew he was teething, then
 voila! there they were.
I didn't understand the conversation, but there was one
going on.



Playful twins, part 1. . .


. . ."getting too close to my mouth"


"No way."



Because every baby needs a bath in front of a fire.

I got to the check-out at the grocery store and suddenly realized why I was receiving raised-eyebrow-glares. Sebastian had done this somewhere between the produce section and deli. It was a better view, I suppose:
Another new trick: rolling over in the pram.
an all-around happy girl.




Peter walked the sands at 5am after the annual May Dip (No, he didn't get in). Perhaps one year I will participate, but this year I was keeping the bed warm. Happily so.
the sun rising above the North Sea.


2 comments:

  1. What a great post! Love all the pictures. Especially the sequence of Sebastian testing his limits with K! So cute. She is just so darn pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was Auntie Ashlee, not Uncle Daniel, obviously! :)

    ReplyDelete