Pages

11 June, 2012

20 weeks with Little no. 3

We're still here, we're still here.

We're busily settling into Summer life in the States and enjoying every moment of it (but desperately missing St Andrews).

About this pregnancy.

It's fun to observe the similarities and differences between this and my last. Second time, one baby or not, has definitely been harder. I can feel my body telling me to slow down (or just slowing down!) after far less exertion than before. A perk though: time has not slowed down while I'm busy chasing twins around, and 20 weeks has caught us all by surprise!

Exercise this time has been a little less jogging and yoga and a lot more get-the-babies-out-and-take-a-long-walk or, before we were back in the States, walk-to-meet-Peter-for-coffee trips that become my exercise. Basically, I've found I have much less time to have a structured work-out each day. And that's perfectly okay with me because working out is not my cup of tea. I'd rather sit around and have a cup of tea.

Still trying to get a midwife, an obstetrician- whoever- sorted over here. In a moment of pregnant forgetfulness I booked a 20-week scan and check-up with someone, somewhere in Michigan (at least I think she is in Michigan) but lost the number, can't find it online, in phone records, on my forehead, anywhere. I have no idea where I would even to go for this appointment, and so, that's that. And now I may be running a slight fever out of sheer shame of missing the appointment with no notice. How embarrassing. Who doesn't know what number or office they called?

Here I am sporting a 20-week baby bump:


And here is 20 weeks with Sebastian and Katharina, because it's fun to compare. 

1 comment: