Pages

11 July, 2012

Little No. 3

On Peter's birthday, we also learned the gender of our sweet baby at our 20  23 week ultrasound.

After Sebastian and Katharina, Peter was set on finding out this baby's gender, too. And I really couldn't refuse. I like my bag packed properly-- pink or blue. None of the yellow-and-green funny business for me. A surprise now, or later? I'll take now, please.

Though I didn't really think we needed to go at all, other than to see that all was healthy-- 4 heart chambers, kidneys and liver, stomach, bladder, brain. Normal lips, 10 fingers and toes. I was certain we'd be having a boy. 110% sure.

I'm really tickled to say how very wrong I was. Plain and clear to see, the doctor actually asked me to determine.

 I'm no doctor, but it wasn't hard. Not at all.

"What do you have?" 
"Well, it doesn't look at all like my son did. . .but it's supposed to be a boy, I was sure. . ."


Doctor, with a smile, "I'm thinking pink, guys!"

And we're really, really excited.

 See?


Peter even did a little happy dance in the room, right there for the doctor to see. He'd been praying for another daughter.  And I'm happily wrong.

When we told Katharina the news:
she can't wait to share her dolls and dresses with a little sister.

And Sebastian, he's even more thankful for his Papa.

but he's really excited too.

3 comments:

  1. How sweet! So happy for y'all. Sebastian's smile is so hilarious. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could look at that picture of Katharina all day! She's so sweet and makes me wanna kiss those precious cheeks some more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it!! So excited for your newest little girl!

    ReplyDelete