Pages

02 February, 2011

Lipstick and my little girl.

My husband bought me lipstick. The kind with dramatic color. The kind I'd been asking for.

(He'll be embarrassed knowing I am blogging about this, but I think I am entitled to bragging about him even just a little).

As I sat admiring his color choices-- pink peony and a burnt red-- he tilted his head and said with a grin, "I thought they'd go nicely with your skin tones."

And that's just another little thing I love about him: that he stood in the cosmetics aisle for at least several minutes pondering which shades would compliment my coloring.

But he's a man.

One that is conscious of skin tones and working with them. Yet he'd rebuild the engine of a car or gut a deer in a heartbeat.

I've been so blessed.
________________________________________________

Joyce has brought exceptional joy to both Peter and I, these past few months specifically.  I'd been working hard with her on colors, letters, numbers, animals and their sounds, etc., but wasn't seeing her absorb the information. We blamed it on the language barrier, and I resolved myself to teaching her again, once we had mastered basic conversation skills. :)

Well, overnight, it seemed, she blossomed. Her parents are thrilled, friends are dumb-founded, I am tickled, and Peter is impressed.

Apparently she'd been processing and storing all that information in her little mind.

She now builds towers with blocks and works her way down the tower, naming the letters and their color as she goes. She writes letters on her Doodle Pad, speaks full sentences in English to me and Peter and Korean to her parents, she teaches me Korean nouns, and minds her manners in public.

I love this girl.



Next week we'll try potty training.



-A.H.

1 comment:

  1. O my gosh I love Joyce. I'm so excited to see her next time I visit! She looks so amazing in that picture. :P Lovin the florals.

    ReplyDelete