Pages

25 February, 2011

I'm dreaming of a cottage with a red front door.

These days I can often be found laying around wishing I would just puke. Then I think about eating and how I know I need to and it starts to come up my throat. Nasty, I know. It's a terrible feeling, but a good one, and I'm glad I'm feeling this way because I didn't with the twins. And so I console myself with sudden rushes to the toilet or sink or bucket or front porch. Whichever is closest.

We have an ultrasound scheduled for next week and we are both more than excited to experience that for the first time. It's honestly something I wish I had done immediately after finding out I was pregnant last time. But now it's finally on our calendar in big Sharpie writing and I can't wait. (Peter even talks about how eager he is to see the midwife [and Baby!]). So keep us in your prayers as we anticipate this appointment.

I am getting more and more excited about delivering in Scotland, but we're saying prayers that I'll be able to land a natural midwife somewhere. My mom and sister are both already making plans to fly to St. Andrews for the baby's birth, and I can hardly wait for that. I'm beyond blessed.

Not to mention what awesome stories this child will have to tell. . .

The houses we've been looking at getting are so beyond adorable that I can't even describe them. I suppose if you picture a little Scottish stone cottage situated right on the North Sea, complete with a bright red door and white picket fence, that might give you an idea. . .   d a r l i n g!

And so, in this new life, I think we'll grocery shop every other day because we have to. And we might get skinny because we'll have to walk everywhere. And we'll don hats and wool coats and scarves, and boots will have to become my favorite shoe. And I might just finish Anna Karenina on the beaches of the North Sea (yes, it will probably take me that long to finish it). . .


I think our life is crazy. It's okay if you do too. We kind of like it this way and it would seem this is how God wants us for now.  I guess things really haven't been calm since we said I do.


I'll be back soon. Hopefully.




-A.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment