Pages

23 August, 2011

Belated 31 week ultrasound

A few last minute things I want to get on here because I know I probably won't once we arrive and get settled:
A very, very late post on my last ultrasound in the States.

Though this appointment was over two hours from start to finish, it was a good one, and very informative.

Little Boy weighed about 3 pounds 3oz, and was in the 22nd percentile for his weight. Little Girl was 3 pounds 14 oz., and in the 47th percentile. (I am sure these have changed drastically since then. . .my belly is evidence of that).

Awesome evidence God answers prayers: Little Girl turned and we now have two healthy, head-down babies! My eyes filled with tears when we learned this (I honestly think Peter's did, too). I had been praying so fervently that either a) she would turn after her brother was born or b) she would turn even before delivery. We had been hearing the intimidating term "breech extraction" quite a bit lately, and were at least encouraged there are midwives out there that will attempt that before resorting to a Cesarian section, but obviously it is not ideal.


That's all I have right now. A few more posts coming quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment