Pages

08 July, 2010

A bunch of near-nothingness.

I am in the weirdest mood ever. Even Peter, who I was just talking to said, "Holy cow." Being as hyper as I am I can't imagine that I'll be able to blog about anything of much importance. I just made a dark chocolate cake. And ate a cheese quesadilla (yes, at 10:30AM). This is how my mind is running right now.

I'm so glad I'm feeling better. My mom was surprised that I've been as sick as I was the past few weeks and thinks I'll probably "really get it" now that I am at the period when people generally start feeling really awful. Maybe I got an early dose and I'm set for the rest of the pregnancy. Maybe not. Either way I'm enjoying the burst of energy that I have and rejoicing that I'm not hugging the toilet.

Since I'm not able to upload the pictures on our camera, I will post a picture my sister sent me from our weekend in Charlotte. When we get our computer I promise I'll upload the pictures and get them on here.
At Carowinds.


I got on here with the intentions of posting Tuesday's devotion in Morning and Evening. Here it is:
"WHOEVER LISTENS TO ME WILL DWELL SECURE AND WILL BE AT EASE, WITHOUT DREAD OF DISASTER."

"Divine love is clearly observable when it shines in the face of judgments. Fair is that single star that smiles through the gaps in the thunderclouds; bright is the oasis that blooms in the wilderness of sand; so fair and so bright is love in the midst of wrath. When the Israelites provoked the Most High by their continued idolatry, He punished them by withholding both dew and raid, so that their land was visited by a sore famine; but while He did this, He took care that His own chosen ones should be secure. If all other brooks are dry, yet shall there be one reserved for Elijah; and when that fails, God shall still preserve for him a place of sustinence. Not only so, the Lord also had a remnant according to the election of grace, who were hidden by fifties in a cave; and though the whole land was subject to famine, yet these fifties in the cave were fed, and fed from Ahab's table too by His faithful, God-fearing stweard, Obadiah. Let us from this draw the inference that come what may, God's people are safe. Let convulsions shake the solid earth, let the skies themselves be torn apart, yet amid the wreck of worlds the believer shall be as secure as in the calmest hour of rest..."


What encouragement. What hope. That "we shall be as secure as in the calmest hour of rest."

-A.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment