Pages

14 July, 2010

The test, the zoo, surgery, progress in the nursery.

 Crazy hormones are in full swing. I'm experiencing nearly every [awful] symptom except vomiting. Praise the Lord. Peter can testify: I am nasty right now.
  I cried myself to sleep the other night [for no good reason]. I crave ice cream in a way that seems in-human [can that be a word?]. My back is sore. My chest throbs. There is rarely a time when I do not want to eat. For the first time in my life, I don't want to be touched. I forget everything. I can't follow directions. I also can't sleep on my back anymore. The list goes on. I am pregnant. I am thrilled. And it is worth every discomfort the world can bring.
The promised test picture. We were a little unsure because of how light the second line is, until we read the bold print: "It does not matter whether one line is lighter than the other." Positive is positive. Plus, the test I took 6 weeks later was even more obvious than the first 7 I took... :)
  A few weeks ago my mom picked me up to go to the zoo. I think every time I see them it becomes harder to leave [my family, not the animals!]. But, we are definitely taking advantage of them still being in Ohio and visiting with them all as often as possible.
  I am impressed with how grown up an mature Noah has become. Nevin is in a phase that's often hard to miss-- he doesn't want to cut his hair and won't smile at the camera, Nolan is the same sweet-tempered boy that hates hugs but loves to be loved on. Aliza and Anna are still like two-peas-in-a-pod, the same way I left them.
Aliza. She's always ready to strike a pose. No, she's always striking a pose.

Nolan. He finds happiness in the smallest things. Like having his picture taken near a tree.

A Little Princess.

It was such a hot day for the zoo-- all the animals were in their pools.

I think everyone goes through a stage where they don't want to smile at the camera. Hence Nevin.

I'm not a photographer. I never have been. Therefore, I only have a few pictures from our July 4th weekend. But I'll post them anyway. Raw, unedited and partially blurry. That's what you get when I have the camera!

Leaving for Carowinds!
He followed her around the ring the entire time. :)


Peter's philosophy on bumper cars and a broken collarbone: "I'm having surgery Friday. Who cares!"

I definitely stayed back for these and enjoyed the water slides and wave pools.

In line for the Rip Roarin' Rapids. We waited over an hour.

But it was the perfect opportunity for lots of pictures.

Famous circle picture.


Peter's shoulder: Surgery went well on Friday. Thank you all for your love and prayers. It really was an all-day ordeal. Rather than 4 screws, they put in 6. And instead of it taking the 45 minutes they said it would, it took 1 hour and 59 minutes. But, it already looks so much better than before, despite the 5-6 inch slice and dried blood. And he really feels better too.
Monday was the first day we were allowed to take off the dressing, wash his shoulder and re-dress it. Surprisingly, it didn't make me as nauseous as we thought it would. Preparation for motherhood, or the birthing experience at the very least, I suppose!
Yes, I did snap a picture.

Peter has a picture of the x-ray on his phone. I will try to upload it here soon. I was shocked that the "screws" were actual screws. With pointed tips and threaded shanks. Eww.

A friend came over Monday to help paint the nursery (the midwife said painting was harmless, much to my surprise). I can't believe the transformation. What a difference fresh paint can do for a room! It makes me 100 times more excited to get the fabric and furniture! And Baby, of course. :)





From this....


...and this...



...to this [probably needed the flash. hehe]...



...and this. [doesn't it look great with the doors?!]
  I admit I was very weary to paint a gender-neutral nursery blue, and I was originally hooked on yellow, but I am in love with the color. The name is the cutest part: Aviary Blue by Sherwin Williams!
[I actually think it is a more feminine than masculine blue and, based on Peter's feelings, we will be needing more pinks, rosebuds and lacy things come February! :-D]. Especially with the bird fabric I'm using [linked in an earlier post], I think the entire room will end up looking fairly neutral. I am so excited to get the whole room pulled together and for it to just be ready! :) :) :)



-A.H.





5 comments:

  1. I love the nursery Angie! Really, really pretty. :D And you and Peter matched at Carowinds, hehe. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been matching a lot lately and haven't even tried to! The lady at Target tonight pointed out that we were matching and we didn't even know it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of this. Especially the color you picked for the nursery and seeing your beautiful face with that mommy-to-be glow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. :-D Loved the update--and the blue is beautiful. :-) <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Peter's opinions on the broken collarbone. :D

    ReplyDelete