Pages

07 July, 2010

Finally, another post.

I'm sitting at the library because we're still without a computer at home. I never thought I'd say it, but I actually enjoy not having the computer. I read more, I bake more, I clean more and I sleep more (hey, at this point, the rest is good!). I feel so much more productive not having the constant distraction.
Another bonus of being here is the library blasts its A/C while our old, brick house is baking in this July heat. But, I'm not complaining. We have a window unit in our bedroom and fans in the living room and kitchen. Really, it could all be so much worse.

I am so thrilled to begin painting and decorating the nursery. My dear friend Kate has volunteered to help me make all the bedding and curtains. We decided on a bird theme, and Peter is going to create all the artwork for the walls. This is the fabric I've chosen to use as the crib bumper, then we'll use pieces of it and matching solids to make a quilt and throw pillows to toss everywhere and this green for the skirt and (also with the red on the side bar) curtains.
My parents have offered us the nursery furniture they have and I am so excited to have it: the old furniture that has been passed down from my siblings, and now to our child! It'll be such a special addition to our home.
Oh, and we're still considering lots of names, but I'm not telling. Ever. :)

We met with the midwife last night for the first time. I am so excited to use the same one that delivered both Aliza and Anna. I remember after Aliza was born saying, "I hope you're still delivering babies when its my turn! I want you to deliver ALL of mine!"
One disappointing thing: we found out I was a week and a half ahead of myself and instead of going on 9 weeks, I am 7 weeks and 5 days. Peter's thoughts, "It doesn't matter. The baby is still going to come!" It's just sad to have thought I was further along than I really am. Especially because there are so many development changes between 7 and 9 weeks!  But Peter is right, essentially. The baby is still going to come. Whether I am 7.5 weeks or 9.

-A.H.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you have a place to escape from the heat. We spent the last two summers in a hot brick house in Shaker Hts. It can be sweltering at times.

    Your nursery sounds adorable. Let me know if you want help with any of your projects. I love a good craft :)

    Hope to see you Sunday.
    E Wilsey

    ReplyDelete