Pages

13 March, 2011

8 weeks.

not much to see but a little bump down low.



How far along? I guess if we're going by the "unliked" doctor, 8 weeks.
Total weight gain/loss: -1 this week. My weight has always fluctuated a pound or two here or there.
Maternity clothes? no. . . more on that below.
Stretch marks? nope.
Sleep: lately I'm waking up for food in the middle of the night. That's progress! Naps are the best.
Best moment this week: probably hearing their heartbeats again. That's always an emotional time for me.
Movement: not yet.
Cravings: nothing that can be documented. It's all pretty random.
Gender guesses: Peter: two boys. Me: two girls. This goes on and off, but the only combo I've never even thought them to be is two boys! More on that below as well.
Labor Signs: NO!
Belly Button in or out? innie.
What I miss: I'm still thinking about tanning as people are pondering breaking out flip flops. I also miss wanting to eat.
What I am looking forward to: the second trimester and no nausea. Hopefully. :)
Weekly Wisdom: swallowing prenatal vitamins the size of a prune may make you throw up all over the bathroom floor. Just saying. . .
Milestones: my body's changing and the only pants I can get into are leggings, all my bras are too small, and my favorite Gap dress now belongs in my "post-babies body box" (say that five times fast).
I think I'll add another section to this: Others: I love yoga. I can't wait for the weather to break so I can get out to walk every morning. Did I mention I love yoga? Green drinks make me nauseous. Everything makes me nauseous. Peter likes to laugh at me gagging when I swallow my vitamins because I have to take them one at a time so they don't "clog my throat". 

We had dinner with friends this past week that had twins a few years ago. It was great to pick their brains for tips. One thing they mentioned was how they were definite about not wanting to find out the sexes but because so many ultrasounds are done for multiples, once she reached twenty weeks, it was nearly impossible to watch the ultrasound and not know what they were. So, we might have a choice to make in the future. . . either see the whole ultrasounds or learn their genders.

That's all for now.


-A.H.


3 comments:

  1. Awww!! I'm so SO excited. :D :D

    <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this update. :) So cute. I'm so excited about your teeny lil bump! Two girls, eh? That actually crossed my mind, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! so excited! cant believe that I am going to be a great aunt! am I old enough for that?! so glad to share the common bond with you! let me know when you want to get those books. hope you are feeling well <3
    PS don't forget my dad says boy and girl ;)

    ReplyDelete