Pages

22 March, 2011

Another ultrasound.

Praise God, another good-news-ultrasound. Everything went wonderfully, and things looked even better. The babies look like they've about quadrupled in size! 


Here, you can compare for yourself. Be sure to click back to my first ultrasound picture and see the difference!


9/10 week babies.
The one on the left was swimming all over the place.

Scanning made these pretty blurry this time around. . .but you get the general idea.

My uterus is measuring 14-15 weeks in size, which does not put me at 14 weeks pregnant, it's just gigantic because it's expanded for these two little prunes.

We were able to see everything through a standard ultrasound this week, which was exciting for me. I still think they're absolutely scrumptious looking, even if they may look like barely-shaped babies in that picture above. We got to see their hearts fluttering again, as well as the first time (and Peter wasn't even with me!) I was actually able to really truly see at least one baby moving. Little Baby A was swimming around, probably trying out its new-formed hands and feet, and looking oh so much bigger than last time.

I loved seeing the obvious growth, and gasped when I really saw their size. My midwife just giggled, knowing I just can't imagine how big they're actually going to get. But even now, the growth is still substantial and exciting!

Things are getting busier as the first trimester draws to a close. And we talked about putting my "big" 18 week ultrasound at the hospital on the calendar, where we can see the detailed anatomy of each little one, as well as their genders and maybe even get a more accurate due date.
________________________________________________

I'm completely fascinated by their development, especially at this point because things are changing so very quickly. And so, I talk to Peter about this pregnancy like it is a project we're working on together. I excitedly informed him the other day that "we're growing placentas this week!" Also, eyelids are almost covering their eyes ("did you even know they already have eyes?!"), their finger and toe nails are growing, and so is hair on their heads. They're about an inch long and hands and feet have just formed.

Man, this really gets me going. . .

I'm so thrilled.


-A.H.

2 comments:

  1. Super, super cute! They look like little mice to me. :) Love them already!

    p.s. try taking a picture of the picture next time, instead of scanning, to get a clearer shot. :)

    ReplyDelete