Pages

10 May, 2011

A day at the zoo.

This past Friday my dear, long-time friend Ashley took me to the zoo. It was a sunny day, and I need a tan. Plus, I knew there'd be baby animals, and anyone that even just partially knows me knows that baby animals make me go wild (no, this is not pregnancy hormones). 

Of course there were baby animals! It's springtime and they're all over the place. So, in honor of Ashley and her ardor for albums containing only animals, I am going to post a mini album of just animals. 

[insert wicked laugh here].

camels store fat, not water in their humps.
We all learn something new every day.
sloths grow algae on their coats.
 Siick.
a baby wallaby chilling with its mother.
I was seriously surprised at how big it looks
in this picture-- it seemed so tiny in person.

and a baby koala that looks like Yoda.


one day Peter and I hope to have a pet tiger.
Seriously. Like Raja.
this little guy was the star of the zoo. Born just a few months ago, he was
flying around his exhibit like he had been climbing and swinging
for years.
Not to mention he is plain adorable.
this was some type of hanging grass in the
rainforest.
Also, a hard-to-see peek at an
almost-seventeen-weeks belly


my aim was a little off.
And our height difference makes it difficult to snap
pictures. . .especially while moving.
But, doesn't Ashley look cute?

success!



3 comments:

  1. I love you both!

    ...and the baby monkey. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go on a date with Ashley to the zoo... ;)
    Looks like so much fun! (And I actually like pictures of animals, just fyi).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela, I think you left out a few pictures...ya know, weren't there some of two monkeys hanging out? :P

    <3 I love these pictures. And that day. And you. :D

    ReplyDelete