Pages

14 July, 2011

26 1/2 weeks.


How far along? 26 1/2 weeks.
Total weight gain/loss: +21
Maternity clothes? Depends. I still have a pair of shorts I can wear (without my belly band!), and all my dresses/skirts are not maternity; most of my tops aren't either. I have some maternity shorts that I love, and jeans. Otherwise, I do like my clothes best.
Stretch marks? Not a one. Praise the Lord!
Sleep: I've been very restless lately and feel like I spend the entire night throwing myself from one side to the other or dreaming that I'm in labor.
Best moment this week: Our little girl puts herself in the strangest positions so that my belly looks completely lopsided with her bottom pushing hard against me. It's hilarious. Next time I'll try to snap a picture.
Movement: Pretty constantly.
Cravings: No. 
Genders: BOY and GIRL
Labor Signs: Still just Braxton Hicks contractions; a few painful ones here and there that take everything out of me, but nothing too concerning. I notice the contractions are much harder when I haven't had enough water throughout the day, so I'm really focusing on keeping these tummy muscles hydrated. Still no dilating, as far as we know.
Belly Button in or out? :) Still very out, thank you.
What I miss: BELTS! I've had this weird longing for my belted tunics that I haven't seen in months.
What I am looking forward to: Moving, nesting, nursery shopping, having our babies (in that order, please).
Weekly Wisdom: Drink tons of water, and exercise.
Milestones: Well, we're almost to the third trimester. Yes, this pregnancy has absolutely flown by. 
Other: At my 26 week appointment earlier this week I just measured in at 29 centimeters! Only 3 centimeters big for a normal, singleton pregnancy. 
My glucose test came back fine, which was a relief to me. But who knew the risk for gestational diabetes is higher in women carrying multiples? Also, my iron's a bit low, "because you've got two babies, for heaven's sake!" says my midwife. At least she's not worried about it. I put myself on an iron supplement, which I suppose I'll continue taking, but I much prefer my midwife's mentality that I can't get enough taking supplements, I have to absorb it through daily consumption of those delicious dark leafy greens and red meats. I guess I'll have to have spinach salads and a filet every night. Tough life, it is. 
Overall, this pregnancy has been incredible thus far and I have absolutely zero complaints. I feel awesome, and can't believe how fast it's flying by!

1 comment:

  1. Aww Angela, you are so beautiful! I'm glad you're feeling alright. :D

    <3

    ReplyDelete