Pages

19 April, 2011

My mother.

I realize I've been horribly lazy in blogging recently. And I'm sorry about that because right now, it is my only way of remembering this pregnancy, and I know in the future I will be glad I have whatever it is I have accomplished on here this time around.

So, here I am purposing to do better.
________________________________________

I remember always hoping that I would look like my mother pregnant. From as far back as I can remember (and there are pictures for when I can't), she g l o w e d.

Very pregnant with me, holding Ashlee

She is one of the very few women I have encountered that, well, looked so incredible pregnant that you thought she should consider being so her entire life. And it isn't all about looks either. She was radiant, and all her friends knew she was pregnant before it was ever even announced because of how overjoyed she looked. But, though I can recall a few "bad" days, days where my sister and I would man the house while she rested in bed, she genuinely loved every part of being pregnant-- each day, trimester, side-effect and symptom. 

Pregnant with Nicholas, holding me.

That's just not in the cards for everyone, and here I am still fighting occasional nausea and headaches, complete with continued dry-heaving and vomiting, in the second trimester. I keep praying I will come around in the next month or so. . .
______________________________________________

Coming soon: week 14 midwife update and more old family pictures, as well as an update on life.

-A.H.

2 comments:

  1. The most beautiful pregnant woman ever. :) Love her.

    You are beautiful too! Can't wait to see a real, round belly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashlee looks sooooo much like your mom. It's so cute. And your mom's so cute!

    ReplyDelete