Pages

06 April, 2011

Twelve weeks.


a bit blurry, but here's what we have:
on left: one baby's entire body can be seen. Its hands are near its face and
 its feet can be seen near the bottom of the sac. (heartbeat 140)
right: this baby's taking a nose dive. you can see its bottom half and yes,
those are teeny legs and feet (and toes!). (heartbeat 150)
here's a better picture of the second baby. Not nose-diving this time, its
just waving. :)
_________________________________________________________________
How far along? 12 1/2 weeks.

Total weight gain/loss: -2 this week. Time to get eating! 
Maternity clothes? finally, finally! We went out and bought some pants a couple weeks ago because I just couldn't get into anything besides leggings, and even those were uncomfortable.
Stretch marks? not on my belly. . . ;)
Sleep: interrupted. Never fails: 5AM I'm up for a snack, a giant glass of water and consequently, a trip to the bathroom.
Best moment this week: the best ultrasound so far! we watched in awe as Baby A danced and tumbled for us while Baby B waved with its new hands and kicked with its new feet. Baby A showed us its entire face.
Movement: only when lying down and "looking" for it, even then it's so slight.
Cravings: I had to have Pop Tarts last week. Those cravings will be extinguished shortly. :) 
Gender guesses: Peter: one boy, one girl. Me: one boy, one girl. And it changes again! Only a few more weeks until we will find out. (I think we're decided now).
Labor Signs: no.
Belly Button in or out? innie.
What I miss: sleeping through the night.
What I am looking forward to: last week of the first trimester!
Weekly Wisdom: pregnancy hormones may cause you to grow a handlebar mustache. And avoid sugar completely. You'll feel like a different woman, and your husband and post-baby body will thank you too.
Milestones: Well, pretty well past the point where I lost Hugh and Leif, so that has been exciting and relieving to both Peter and I. Also, seeing their distinguished body parts very clearly today on the ultrasound.
_______________________________________________
The reality of what is about to happen to us is starting to hit: in two weeks we are moving out of this house, in a few months we will be moving to a new country, in a couple more months (if we make it that far) we will have two babies, then I will turn 20, and we will celebrate our 2 year anniversary. At the rate we are going we just may leave Michelle Duggar in the dust. Pfft, 19, that's nothing! Aaand I am totally kidding.

-A.H.



3 comments:

  1. Angela! This post made me laugh and smile and want to cry all at the same time. I'm SOOO excited for you two (er...four)!!!

    love, Love, LOVE you!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ...this is way too exciting for me to handle.

    :D :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how big they are already! So, I looked it up.. and found out that at 12 weeks, you have the equivalent of two little limes in your belly! :)

    Angela.. no offense, but those babies are going to make you huuge! :P

    ReplyDelete