Pages

14 April, 2011

Plain old rambling.

A couple nights ago both Peter and I had dreams. His was that both the babies were boys, mine was that they were one boy and one girl.

A lot of people have predicted two boys, and my sister, Ashlee, encounters twin boys all the time and tells me, "It's a sign," though she firmly believes they are a boy and a girl.

Also, I realized what I don't like about the gender poll-- I don't know who voted how. So, if you feel like sharing your guess, leave a comment for us, pretty please, even if you've never commented before, or if I have no idea who you are. We'd really like to know how you all voted.

And to the 6 of you that voted 2 girls, thank you! I want to know who you are. . .
_________________________________________

We've officially made it to the second trimester, and it's a great feeling.  Nausea-- almost completely gone. Fatigue-- lessened. Appetite-- slowly returning. Belly-- getting rounder and harder every day. There are other aches and pains that have arisen, but I am so grateful at least the nausea is gone.

Our social life is resuming as well. Through the first trimester Peter used to tell people that our lights were out at 8PM and our heat was set at 82. We laugh about it, but it really wasn't far from the truth. I remember many Sunday afternoons taking a 3 hour nap, waking up at 6PM, making dinner and falling back asleep at 8:00, only to wake up at 7:30 Monday morning. What a life.

As for my belly, we especially noticed it getting very hard and round in the past two weeks. Around week 10 I felt fat and bloated, but it is finally feeling harder, more round and less wide (though it doesn't even look like very much). And, it will only get bigger from here on out. . . We're considering buying a walker to support my lower half within the next few weeks. Just kidding.

My husband is good to me. Both our social lives were put on hold. When I would go to bed at 8, he was right beside me. When I would grow green in the face, he would run to get a bowl because I refused to move to the bathroom.  I asked for a babymoon, and he's the one who pursued transatlantic repositioning cruises instead of a flight to Edinburgh. And I am wholly convinced that he would find a fast way to get to China if I demanded authentic Chinese food.
__________________________________________________

On another note, our house sale is over and our home is officially awkwardly empty. We have a few odds and ends here and there, but nearly all of our clothes are in laundry baskets, there are boxes upon boxes of donations sitting on our dining room floor (did I mention that's empty too?), the only room we have curtains hanging in is the living room. This is not how I would choose to live, out of boxes, with nothing in a "home", but for a time it is great. It reminds us of what is to come, and so we are actually enjoying it in a way.
__________________________________________________

We're so sad to be packing up things at our cozy first home. Though we haven't quite accomplished all we would have liked to, we worked so hard making it just for us, and we're so very sad to go. We are convinced we have the best front porch with the nicest views of the whole neighborhood, and many many summer (or winter!) nights will be missed on this porch. As for the ample space, well newlyweds really don't need 3 bedrooms with a finished third floor, but we loved having it and enjoyed filling each room so we could be as hospitable as possible to overnight guests. The neighborhood is great, neighbors are friendly, shops and restaurants are a block away. After I moved up here, every preconceived notion I had of living in Cleveland Heights was utterly demolished. We would settle back here in a heartbeat.


Now, to go start dinner. . .

-A.H.


No comments:

Post a Comment