Pages

10 November, 2010

Another week of green drinks.

I've been so lax in my smoothie devotion. And I feel it. I think Peter does too, he just doesn't know that's the problem yet.

We're so tired. I'm cranky, too. And overly-emotional. I'm farther away from my Christmas goal weight than I was 2 weeks ago. Maybe the deadline will be my birthday. Or our anniversary...

The blender stays cleaner. But who cares?

But, for the smoothies I have been consistent about making once-a-day, here's what we're putting in:

2C water
2 huge handfuls (about 3-4 cups) organic, baby spinach
2 huge handfuls collards
2 bananas (I've since stayed away from freezing them, if possible. Sometimes they brown too quickly and I am left with no other option. However, the taste is definitely sweeter and stronger when used fresh)
1C strawberries
1/2 C fresh cranberries
2 apples, not peeled
3-4 T flax oil


-A.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment