Pages

16 November, 2010

Life without Facebook...

...is wonderful. Sure, there are plenty of people that log out each day and aren't driven mad, and there are probably even more people than can comfortably manage blogging and social networking. Not me...and so, I'm just going with this. For my sanity, peace of mind, and because I think it's what is best for my life.

Peter and I were talking about Facebook last week. We were noting how drastically it has changed over the years and remembering when one had to be 18 to create an account (so I lied about my age, with good reason, thank-you-very-much. Explanation to come), and now my 13 year old brother has one, "legally".
I always understood Facebook to be an online tool to reconnect with old classmates, relatives that live far away, etc., and now it is a network for people to, at any time, update cyber-world on their daily endeavors, join groups and "like" "oops i flushed my cell phone down the toilet and my contract isn't up yet" on Likey<3. I'm not criticizing or trying to say I am above it, but simply noting how it has evolved.

It's been roughly a month and I'm loving it. Computer time can actually have a defined cap. I get more done-- around the house, and away from home. I actually have more energy (does sitting in front of the computer screen drain anyone else?), I have more time to read, pray, think, and I'm truly a happier person. Facebook kind of made me a crazy person-- someone I didn't want to be. Not to mention this blog gets a whole lot more attention, and not at the expense of my husband, Joyce or other duties.


-A.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment