Pages

10 November, 2010

Second post of the day.

Thanksgiving is weeks away and I am seeing and hearing from other people that Christmas lights and decorations are up. It is too early for Christmas decorations.  It's cold, but a little premature to whisk away the pumpkins and mums and replace them with poinsettias and wreaths... Let's not rush fall, folks.
___________________________________________________________________

I'm looking at this big, cuddly puppy by my feet and am wondering several things:

  1. why is he scared of the broom? It is taller, but he is much bigger than it.
  2. why does he bark or growl at certain people that walk by the house, not everyone?
  3. why does he run from and bark at the vacuum cleaner?
5 months. He was into everything.
___________________________________________________________________

I just love my husband. He was all curled up in bed this afternoon when I came home from making chocolate. He had fallen asleep studying. Again. He works so hard, and does so much. He hasn't gone to sleep with me, before midnight, in longer than I can remember. In fact, he's usually up till at least 2am getting things done.

But not once has he complained.

Another mentionable-- he never complains about my cooking. There have been several meals, new recipes I've tried, that were really just awful. Once was pork chops with sweet potatoes, apples and onions. It truly was a disaster. I over-cooked the pork (I think I was paranoid about cutting in to raw pig), not to mention we both hate pork. It would be a great recipe for anyone looking for a sweet dinner, that also likes pork and owns a meat thermometer.
Not too many nights ago I made a meatloaf, added rice, and not enough sauce. It came out as one lump of beef with rice popping out of the top and sides of the loaf. Peter's good-humored response, "That doesn't even look like meatloaf!" Needless to say, we gave it to the dog. 


He loves to sing.
He also loves fine dining.

...and be silly.

A good, hearty breakfast is his
favorite meal of the day.

___________________________________________________________________




-A.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment