Pages

10 November, 2010

He is good.

... And less than 24 hours later I've return to my miserable worm self. I should be joyful. I know the Lord wants me to be. I remember when I was really young wondering to myself why so many Christians complained about life or were simply unhappy. Don't they know they're going to be in heaven? Worshipping at the feet of their Savior someday?


To have that innocence that continually looks upward. To think like a child...


I remember thinking the knowledge, the confidence, that I too was going to to be at His feet, was all I needed to get through.


I often like to pray before writing a blog post. I pray that the Lord will give me the words to write, and that His presence will fill my spirit. Especially when I feel so empty, because today's one of those days where I fall into the category of people that my 7-year old self didn't understand. 


Oh, Satan. He tempts me to despair, he tells me to be miserable. He hides the good things I have, the things that bring me joy, and brings to light those things I don't have. The things I want. He tells me I am nothing, and that I should continue the day this way.


But why?


Quite honestly, even 12 years later I still don't get it.




I need the grace to make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all my days. You know, I can be pretty good at it when life is good. (The kind of good that means "things are going my way").  But what about all the time


He is good all the time. He remains faithful when I fall, when I am so faithless... Today and everyday, the good days and the bad, His grace is sufficient. His Word can cover my soul and fill me with strength. And it will.




-A.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment