Pages

03 May, 2010

Moody Mondays.

Yesterday was a great day. Church was awesome. Our afternoon consisted of a long scenic drive, and then a restful nap. And come evening, we headed back to church for a meeting with our pastor and elders for a membership interview.

We left church encouraged, with the reminder that there is so much more to life. Both Peter and I were inspired to structure our life in a more Christ-honoring way. In a way that all we do, not just some or most of, glorifies God.
____________________________________________________________________

A quick interruption: on our way to church yesterday we were following a semi going 70 MPH when suddenly a burst of black and gray feathers showered the road. Yep, a goose. A sweet, innocent, diligent goose. The image is still in my mind (will it ever leave?)-- the poor innocent creature bleeding and helplessly flapping its wings, trying to move along the freeway. I cried the whole way to church.
I was relieved to see, on our way back to Hudson that evening, that the creature was no longer suffering, but had been put out of its misery, probably by another semi. This is morbid, I know.
Why did I have to see that? I don't know. My precious husband held my hand the rest of the way to church and wiped away my tears, apologizing that I had to see that. We have been given dominion over the animals, and unlike us, they don't have souls that will last forever. It doesn't necessarily make it easier, but it encourages me.
_____________________________________________________________________

After that great meeting I was sure I wanted to make the best of this week. Really, to have a great week. Yes, it's going to be busy, but why not be happy?

It's Monday morning and I've already allowed the Tempter to take hold. I've gotten upset, angry, mad, and tears filled my eyes because of so many things-- the random ants (not to mention they're huge!) working their way through our house, the dog poop I picked up with my bare hand because I didn't realize it wasn't covered by the plastic bag, and the fact that the only "fruit" we have in the house is applesauce and I don't feel like going grocery shopping ever again. To name a few. I know you're thinking, Goodness, she's emotional. But yes, I do cry about a lot of silly things.

They're minuscule things, really. The sun is shining and I've got shorts on. Jesus is Lord. And we've been redeemed!

-A.H.

1 comment:

  1. Eeek. That is bad. Gosh. My day was pretty crappy too though. :-/ I'm determined to make tomorrow better!!

    ReplyDelete