Pages

03 May, 2010

What a weekend!

I often wish I were more of a photographer so I could blog our life in pictures. I think it's something about uploading them to the computer that deters me. But sometimes I fear I'll never have archive upon archive of our children growing...or even the puppy. :) Nevertheless, a photo-less summary of our weekend:


I really do regret that I didn't capture yesterday in photos. We had Peter's family (9,plus his sister Chloe's fiance) and my family (10) over for lunch. We always love when our two families get together-- it reminds us of how like-minded we really are, not to mention how frequently we laugh (or how infrequently we don't)! Plus, it was awesome having 22 people under one roof...

Yesterday I had a awful time getting dressed for church. I had an outfit (and maybe even a back-up plan!) picked out Saturday night, but my idea was foiled when I woke up to a cold, drizzling Sunday. Yuck. Too warm for corduroy, too wet and chilly for sandals, that shirt is too long for that skirt, my legs aren't shaved and I can't find tan stockings, it's Spring and I can't wear BLACK, etc., etc... We left for church with my poor husband possibly in a more distraught state than me. Why do I always take things out on him? It's not his fault that I am so difficult. Better yet, why am I so difficult? It's just an outfit. But then, it's an outfit! Ah, yes, that's what I let myself think 5 minutes before we have to walk out the door.
I'm inspired to go through my closet (for the second time in 3 weeks) and really sort through what I don't or can't wear. I probably have a few cute pieces in my closet, but where does that get me on a Sunday morning when we roll out of bed 15 minutes before we have to leave? Back to my inspiration. I'm going to hang everything by outfits. And, if I don't have a complete outfit-- that's accessories, shoes, everything-- it gets taken out until I can complete it. I can't be trying on 7+ different outfits in the morning, especially as a wife and mother. Hoorah! for simplicity.

-A.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment