Pages

03 May, 2010

A To-Do List.

As I sit here and write (type, whatever) I'm devouring a hot fudge sundae that I decided would suffice for today's lunch. Every sentence (or every few words if it's a long sentence) I'll dig back in my bowl for another delicious scoop. Really, there is no point in posting this. But my sundae sure is satisfying.

Today I'm a bit overwhelmed, but excited, by all there is to do. My to-do list for today:

* wash and hang-dry Kate's table cloths and napkins [I brought them home with us after Easter lunch at her house yesterday]
* wash and put-away all laundry [this'll take a while]
* finish ironing
* pick-up prescription at CVS [Lord willing, last month of this, then we're going to try something NATURAL!]
* Home Depot - supplies to fix bed [it was made for us by an Amish friend of Peter's but needs some reinforcement in the center. Nothing my husband can't fix, of course!]
* grocery store - canned veggies, rice, etc., for dog food [I've been making our own dog food-- it's cheap, he loves it, and it's way healthier for him than the store-bought stuff!]
* dishes [our dishwasher has been broken for some time (it just needs replaced...) so we've been hand-washing the dishes since before we got married]
* walk Loxley
* pick-up dog poop (eww) [atleast it's done. That's all I can say]
* move clothes back to dressers on 3rd floor [we were up there right after we got married, but January and February held too many cold months, so we moved down into the guest bedroom. Now that it's warming up, I'm ready to get back into our sexy abode]
* move my clothes to closet in Purple Room [unfortunately, these old houses don't have "master" bedrooms with his and hers closets like I was used to. So, we have to keep our hanging clothes in separate closets in different guest rooms]
* put away my winter clothes [out with the old, in with the new]
* make dinner [I made a lasagna last week and popped it in the freezer for a day like today! <3 freezer meals!]
* snuggle with my Honey [the best and most important part of my day. that's why it's at the end. it's a good way to close a Monday]

There are so many more things I want to do-- bigger projects-- ones that I can't necessarily do on my own.
We have a "junk" room filled with old nick-knacks, books, weapons Peter made when he was 10, guns, laundry baskets of clothes that don't fit in our dressers, and so much more. I've been wanting to tackle that room for some time now; getting our hands on some great bookshelves would be a perfect start.

The picket fence that surrounds our house is, cute, but needs some sprucing up. I would LOVE to paint it, but our landlord wants it kept the natural wood color that it is. So, in an attempt to bring it to life, I'm hoping to plant hydrangeas (or another type of beautiful perennial) all around the perimeter.
Speaking of flowers, I have 4 packets of sweet peas (the flowers) that are due to be buried in the ground, but they need sunlight and most of our house (ok, all) is shaded by a huge oak tree in the front. The shade is great for keeping the house cool during the hot summer months, but now that I'm looking to plant, I'm wishing we got some rays!

Someone gave us an old desk that they no longer needed-- it was such an answer to prayer! We've been looking for furniture to make our cozy den, and now the pieces are coming together! It was dropped off and left in the living room and I'm pretty positive I couldn't carry it upstairs. I'll have to get Petey to do that one. I could probably carry the drawers.

We're also looking for patio furniture so we can enjoy these beautiful spring evenings and eat dinner by candlelight on the front porch. I'm hoping we can find something cute and vintage-y without having to pay an arm and a leg (which we don't have to offer). If not, I suppose a card table will do!

And now I'm just rambling and there are still a lot of things left on my list (frankly, the most wearisome and time-consuming things! Funny how that works...) so I'll be back to post more later.

-A.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment