Pages

28 May, 2010

April showers bring May flowers.


One day after work last week Peter and I went to a garden center to get some stuff to plant. I had a long list made of the things I knew I wanted, but we got there and I was a little overwhelmed, and confused. We left with some marigolds, basil, tomato and green bean plants. I'd like to eventually go back for some parsley, lavender, peppers and grape tomatoes. And flowers too, of course. But for just starting, it's a cute budding garden. No pun intended. (I'm growing more and more like my father-in-law every day!)

Our green bean plant. I don't know why I think plants look cute. But they do.

Tomatoes. I'm teaching myself to like them.













Basil. Yes. It's adorable.





Our weekend is looking really busy already, but I'm so glad we were able to cross some things off of our to-do list. I'm so relieved that the planting can be considered "done". Adding more is optional at this point. Peter washed his car and then fixed our front path that was overgrown with weeds and grass. It looks awesome. In fact, the entire yard is beginning to look great. It's lush ("lush") and green and I'm so glad the sun is shining. It makes things look prettier.

Nick is coming to stay with us tonight. We've promised to show him around our favorite places in CH. Tomorrow Peter and I are heading to New Wilmington, PA, where his dad's family is, for his cousin's graduation party. Sunday is another grad party and then Ashlee's bachelorette party. That's another thing. My sister is getting married in 8 days. Woohoo! Monday (Memorial Day!) we're going to an engagement party/Memorial Day party for Chloe and Jonathan (that's another thing-- their wedding is like 4 months away. Sheesh!) then to my family's for a cookout/Aliza's birthday party. Things are busy with both of us being from big families. It seems like there's always a birthday or anniversary to celebrate. But it's so fun. And it's life. I wouldn't change it for the world, and I know Peter wouldn't either.

-A.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment